Child Safeguarding Statement Louth Contemporary Music Society
Louth Contemporary Music Society (LCMS) curates concerts and events that provide access to the highest-quality performances and experiences of new work to the people of County Louth and beyond.
This Child Safeguarding Statement has been developed in accordance with our requirements under the Children First Act 2015, the Children First: National Guidance, and Tusla’s Child Safeguarding: A Guide for Policy, Procedure and Practice.
As part of our commitment to access and the sustainable impact of our work, LCMS offers workshops, masterclasses and performance opportunities for young performers with the composers and professional artists we engage for our performances.
LCMS is committed to safeguarding children engaging with our services through full engagement by all staff/facilitators/volunteers with our safeguarding policies and procedures to provide child-centred musical activities in a safe and engaged environment to foster and expand their musical skills and experiences.
We have undertaken an assessment of the potential for harm to children engaged with our activities. We have identified the following potential risks:
• Recruitment and selection
• Conduct of staff, facilitators and volunteers
• Reporting procedures
• General risk of harm
To mitigate against these identified risks, LCMS has development the implementation of the following procedures to safeguard children participating in our activities:
• Procedure for the safe recruitment and selection of staff/facilitators/volunteers with access to children
• Procedure for the management of allegations of abuse or misconduct against staff/facilitators/volunteers of a child participating in our activities
• Procedure for access to child safeguarding training and information, including the identification of the occurrence of harm to all staff/facilitators/volunteers
• Procedure for the reporting of child protection or welfare concerns to Tusla
• Procedure for maintaining a list of the persons (if any) in the relevant service who are mandated persons • Procedure for appointing a relevant person
We recognise that implementation is an ongoing process. LCMS is committed to the implementation of this Child Safeguarding Statement and the procedures that support our commitment to keep children safe from harm while participating in our activities. This Statement will be distributed to the parent/guardians of children participating in our activities in advance of our events and it will be displayed at each of our concert/education programme venues.
This Child Safeguarding Statement will be reviewed in November 2024, or as soon as practicable after there has been a material change in any matter to which the statement refers.
For queries, please contact Relevant Person under the Children First Act 2015: Eamonn Quinn Email: exquinn(at)mac.com